Check out the latest edition to the Sonographer’s page.
Nuclear Medicine Update: Dr Iain talks about the value of SPECT-CT in bone scanning “Nuclear Medicine functional imaging is now directly combined with CT anatomical scanning to create SPECT-CT. It is the first technology to combine the power of SPECT with the precision of diagnostic multi-slice-CT. It makes it possible to pinpoint the exact location, […]
The Clinical Impact of SPECT scanning in Nuclear Medicine Practice. Iain Duncan & Barry Flynn, Canberra , ACT, Australia, 2009. Objective:To prospectively evaluate the clinical value of single photon emission tomography-CT nuclear scanning (SPECT-CT) in private nuclear medicine practice. Methods: All (consecutive) patients attending a single practice between August and November 2009 were included. The […]
The following study was conducted in 2003 by Dr. Iain Duncan. The information is relevant to Doctors referring patients to me suffering from Carpal tunnel syndrome. Patients should note that this information is research only and technical in nature. This information should be used in consultation with your treating physician and may only be relevant in certain medical situations.
- Duncan IJS, Tymms KE, & Carney G: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Hereditary Angioedema. J Rheumatol 1988;15:700-702.
- Duncan IJS, Hurst NP, Disney A, Sebben R,& Milazzo S: Is Chronic Renal Failure a risk factor for the development of Erosive Osteoarthritis? Annals Rheum Dis 1989; 48:183-187.
- Mitchell David, Duncan Iain , Brook Andrew, Collignon Peter. Streptococcus faecalis arthritis. J Rheumatol 1989;16:138-139.
- Duncan IJS, Hurst NP, Sebben R, Milazzo SC, & Disney A: Premature development of Erosive osteoarthritis of hands in patients with chronic renal failure. Annals Rheum Dis 1990;49:378-382.
- Duncan Iain: Quality Assurance Options in Private Practice. Fellowship Affairs; August 1994.
- Duncan I, Mouratidis B, & Sullivan P. Dual Isotope Myocardial Perfusion SPECT: A Clinical Validation and Quality Review Study. ANZ J Nuc Med 1997(28);3:p35
- Duncan I, Dorai-Raj A, Khoo K, Tymms K, & Brooks A. The Utility of Bone Scans in Rheumatology. ANZ J Nuc Med 1997(28);3:p41.
- Duncan I, Dorai-Raj A, , Khoo K, Tymms K, & Brooks A. The Utility of Bone Scans in Rheumatology. Clinical Nuclear Medicine 1999;24(Jan):9-14.
- Duncan I, Lomas F, & Sullivan P. Sonography in the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. AJR 1999;173:681-684.
- Duncan I, Lomas F, & Sullivan P. Sonography in the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Year Book of Hand Surgery, 2001. [Citation of 9].
- Duncan I. Musculoskeletal Case Studies. Australasian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine Bulletin, February 2002 (5);1:p25.
- Duncan Iain. How helpful is ultrasound guided carpal tunnel injection? Australasian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine Bulletin, November 2003 (6);4:60-61.
- Duncan Iain. Australasian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine Clinical Handbook. Comparison of Gout in Achilles Tendon and Myxoid Degeneration in the Achilles Tendon (Clinical Guide) and Tears of the peroneal tendons (Case Studies). 2004.
- Duncan Iain. Imaging of the forefoot –A clinical approach. Sound Effects, October 2013 Feature article.
- Duncan I and Ingold N. The clinical value of xSPECT/CT versus SPECT/CT Bone. A prospective comparison of 200 scans. European Journal of Hybrid Imaging 2018 (2):4. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41824-017-0024-9.