from Dr. Iain Duncan… June 2021 We are proud to have (again) achieved full diagnostic imaging accreditation at Garran Medical Imaging for a further 4 years. The accreditation process takes a great deal of work and ensures you can expect all our scanning, professional, and diagnostic processes won’t let you down. I have also personally […]
xSPECT bone v SPECT bone in hybrid imaging A head to head comparison of 200 cases* ” template=”/nas/content/live/driainduncan/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/ngglegacy/view/gallery-caption.php” order_by=”filename” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″] xSPECT bone is a new reconstruction algorithm** which integrates information from the CT scan with the raw data from the bone SPECT acquisition to produce a higher resolution SPECT image, known as […]
Bone scans of the spine have become a clinically useful part of the evaluation of back pain. Uptake seen on a SPECT-CT correlates with metabolic activity in bone and the increased resolution and specificity of SPECT-CT has allowed a greater number and variety of clinically relevant findings. Most patients with back pain will have an […]
Welcome to a collection of interesting images that display characteristic features of common problems seen on ultrasound and in nuclear medicine. These can be used for private educational use but we would appreciate appropriate acknowledgement. The Foot (ultrasound and nuclear medicine) Snapshots of Nuclear Medicine
- Duncan IJS, Tymms KE, & Carney G: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Hereditary Angioedema. J Rheumatol 1988;15:700-702.
- Duncan IJS, Hurst NP, Disney A, Sebben R,& Milazzo S: Is Chronic Renal Failure a risk factor for the development of Erosive Osteoarthritis? Annals Rheum Dis 1989; 48:183-187.
- Mitchell David, Duncan Iain , Brook Andrew, Collignon Peter. Streptococcus faecalis arthritis. J Rheumatol 1989;16:138-139.
- Duncan IJS, Hurst NP, Sebben R, Milazzo SC, & Disney A: Premature development of Erosive osteoarthritis of hands in patients with chronic renal failure. Annals Rheum Dis 1990;49:378-382.
- Duncan Iain: Quality Assurance Options in Private Practice. Fellowship Affairs; August 1994.
- Duncan I, Mouratidis B, & Sullivan P. Dual Isotope Myocardial Perfusion SPECT: A Clinical Validation and Quality Review Study. ANZ J Nuc Med 1997(28);3:p35
- Duncan I, Dorai-Raj A, Khoo K, Tymms K, & Brooks A. The Utility of Bone Scans in Rheumatology. ANZ J Nuc Med 1997(28);3:p41.
- Duncan I, Dorai-Raj A, , Khoo K, Tymms K, & Brooks A. The Utility of Bone Scans in Rheumatology. Clinical Nuclear Medicine 1999;24(Jan):9-14.
- Duncan I, Lomas F, & Sullivan P. Sonography in the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. AJR 1999;173:681-684.
- Duncan I, Lomas F, & Sullivan P. Sonography in the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Year Book of Hand Surgery, 2001. [Citation of 9].
- Duncan I. Musculoskeletal Case Studies. Australasian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine Bulletin, February 2002 (5);1:p25.
- Duncan Iain. How helpful is ultrasound guided carpal tunnel injection? Australasian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine Bulletin, November 2003 (6);4:60-61.
- Duncan Iain. Australasian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine Clinical Handbook. Comparison of Gout in Achilles Tendon and Myxoid Degeneration in the Achilles Tendon (Clinical Guide) and Tears of the peroneal tendons (Case Studies). 2004.
- Duncan Iain. Imaging of the forefoot –A clinical approach. Sound Effects, October 2013 Feature article.
- Duncan I and Ingold N. The clinical value of xSPECT/CT versus SPECT/CT Bone. A prospective comparison of 200 scans. European Journal of Hybrid Imaging 2018 (2):4. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41824-017-0024-9.